We will start the hike at approximately 8 PM and reach the top around 11 PM.
Views of the Shenandoah Valley are spectacular from this point!
We will wake up to a hot breakfast, break camp and hike down the mountain to the parking lot arriving around noon. we will have lunch in Front Royal to finish this amazing hiking trip.
Clothing (No Cotton):
- Hiking pants and shirt
- Smartwool socks and sock liners
- Gortex hiking boots
- Rain jacket with pit zips (Marmot Precip or equal)
- Rain pants with full side zip (Marmot Precip or equal)
- Gloves (Fall & Winter)
- Warm Hat (Fall & Winter)
- Smartwool base layer top and bottom (Fall & Winter)
- Softshell jacket (Fall & Winter)
- Down Parka (Winter)
- Down Pants (Winter)
- Down Gloves (Winter)
- Medium weight fleece bottom for layering (Winter)
- Medium weight fleece zip neck top (Fall & Winter)
- Backpack (make sure all your items fit inside)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Trekking Poles
- Sleeping bag good for temperatures down to 40 degrees (Spring & Summer)
- Sleeping bag good for temperatures down to 32 degrees (Fall)
- Down sleeping bag for below freezing temperatures (Winter)
- Sleeping pad (Thermarest Pro-Lite self-inflating, Thermarest closed cell foam or equal)
- Two liters of drinking water
- Water bottle insulators (Winter)
- Pocket knife
- Food bowl and utensils
- Personal first aid kit and toiletries
- Toilet paper inside a zip ziplock
- Hand warmers (Winter)
PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE – WEEKENDS ONLY – MINIMUM 2 PEOPLE.
CALL OR EMAIL TO SCHEDULE.