Langtang is a narrow sandwiched valley, north from Kathmandu. The small Langtang valley bordering with Tibet in north and small snowy peaks in the south. Tamang is the main indigenes community inhabitant in this region, whose religious practice, dresses and language is close to Tibetan culture rather than their own fellow of mid hills.
According to local language the word “Langtang has its own meaning. The name Langtang comes from Tibetan language, where ‘Lang’ Yak and ‘Teng’ mean – to follow. Yet trekkers can encounter with yak in upper valley of Langtang.
This treks offer one of the best opportunity to explore the culturally rich Tamang village, different snow covered peak and visit glaciers comparatively in low elevation. The valley is patrolling by Mt. Langtang LIrung (7246m) to the north, Gang Chhenpo (6388m) and trekking peak Naya Kangri (5846m) to the south and Dorge Lakpa (6966m) to the east. To protect the flora and fauna, the valley was declared as National Park by Nepal government in 1976
Highlights of the trek
- Visit world heritage site.
- Visiting Langtang village & Kyangjin Gompa.
- Amazing view of mountain from top of the Kyangjin Ri, Ganesh Himal, Lang Sisa etc.
- Panoramic views of 10 peaks over 6000 m.
March, April, May, September, October & November.
Syabrubesi, Lama Hotel, Langtang Vallage, Kyanjin Gompa
|INCLUDED||All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
Hotel in Kathmandu 3 nights in normal nice hotel in BB Plan – twin share basis
City tour Transport, guide and entry permit.
Private Transportation from Kathmandu – Syabru and back Kathmandu.
Tea house trekking with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and accommodation.
Water Purification liquid during trekking.
Professional English speaking Trekking Guide and his/ her salary.
Porter to carry the luggage and his salary.
Trekking permit (TIMS).
Langtang National park permits.
First aid kit.
Insurance for Nepali staffs.
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
Beverages and alcoholic drinks.
Emergency medical evacuation.
Tips for staffs.
Personal expenses and extra services beyond itinerary.
Peak physical condition is required to do trekking in the high altitudes of Nepal. We recommend doing extensive training for the up and down routes of Nepal trekking trips. We suggest running, walking, hiking in the hills, and climbing stairs rather than using elevators to help you prepare for the trek. Daily base training can also include swimming, rowing, biking.
Basic Training to Experience our Trekking Tours
- One should be able to hike for 6-7 hours a day.
- One should be able to carry a 35lb backpack.
- We suggest you run about 4/5 miles at home with some load on your back for 2 to 3 months in preparation for this trek.
- You may also use a treadmill (with incline adjustments) for everyday running and walking training.
- If you have an uphill location/mountain, then once a week you should go hiking with a loaded/packed backpack.
- If you do not have mountains or nearby high hills, then use stairs to go up/down whenever you can, rather than using elevators.
|2018 AVAILABLE DATES (Minimum of 2 People)|
|NOV 24-DEC 2|